Spafinder Wellness 365, the leading spa lifestyle, marketing, travel and media company is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (Java) to join our tech team in our New York City office. In this position you will be a crucial part of the team that builds our gift card system, Spafinder.com website and all back-end supporting software applications. This position is especially suitable for developers with 4-8 years of experience looking to expand their skill-set and gain experience with cutting-edge technologies.
We're looking for self-starters who thrive on new challenges. In addition to technical and creative savvy, candidates must be motivated, energetic, and success-driven. Our environment is fast-paced and dynamic, and the ideal candidate must possess the same attributes. We have a small team and everyone ends up becoming familiar with every component of our systems. If you want to know how Spafinder works from top to bottom, including gift cards, consumer experience, partner tools, online booking, e-commerce, code deployments, search, blogs, and more, you’ll be happy at Spafinder.
Technology we use and hope you’re interested in:
- Core Java, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, SQL, JUnit, SOA, web services (SOAP and REST), iOS, PHP, Perl, jQuery, Tiles, New Relic, Cruise Control, Jira, Endeca, caching, load balanced web servers, e-commerce, Jasper reports, Apache Tomcat, AWS cloud servers, Ant, etc
- Incredible design skills. When a problem needs a solution, you come up with multiple options and are capable of considering the merits and drawbacks of each
- Top coding skills. You take pride in your code and prioritize readability, testability and maintainability over cryptic creativity
- 4+ years with Java EE web application development, preferably with Spring and Hibernate
- Fluency with SQL databases
- Experience with web services
Nice to Haves:
- Love for automated testing
- Desire to make a big impact on a small team by sharing with and learning from others
- Experience with Endeca and/or Lucene/Solr or another faceted search server
- Experience with cloud technologies
• Competitive compensation
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume, including salary history and requirements, to email@example.com. Submissions without salary history and requirements will not be considered. Please indicate “Senior Software Engineer(Java)” in the subject line of your email. Emails sent to any other address, or any phone calls, will result in the candidate being immediately removed from consideration.
Local candidates only, please. No sponsorship is available for this position.