As "Laser Season" Heats Up, Spa Finder Offers 10 Questions Every Medical Spa Consumer Should Ask to Avoid Getting Burned
In the medical spa world, this is considered the peak season - post-summer sun and pre-holidays - when people flock to get cosmetic/aesthetic procedures done in time to heal and look "ten years younger" for the holiday events. But consumers who are looking to get lasered, botoxed, injected (or otherwise "resurfaced") should keep in mind that there can be potential hazards involved - of both the physical and fiscal variety - which is why California for example, is currently considering a law to beef up medical spa oversight and Florida has already passed legislation.
As "Laser Season" heats up, Spa Finder - the leading provider of spa information (including the dedicated Medical Spa section at Spafinder.com) - is providing 10 questions every consumer should ask any spa business they're considering for a medical treatment. These apply to either non-invasive procedures like photo facials, IPL, and chemical peels, as well as minimally invasive/laser treatments like BOTOX, filler injections, laser hair removal/skin resurfacing and threadlifts.
"Laser treatments, though less invasive than traditional surgery, can still come with risks," said Spa Finder, Inc. President Susie Ellis. "So, even though in my experience the vast majority of medical spas are doing excellent, ethical work, it's up to consumers to do their homework and ask LOTS of questions. It's your body, and your money - and it's absolutely your right to get answers."
Spa Finder Presents 10 Questions Every Medical Spa-Goer Should Ask:
- Who is the owner of the spa, and how long have you been in business?
- Is your supervising doctor board-certified in the specialty I'm interested in?
- Who performs the treatment and what are his/her qualifications? (For invasive/laser work, the procedure should be performed by a licensed physician or registered nurse under the supervision of a physician.)
- If he/she was trained in the procedure, when and where did the training take place?
- How many times has he/she performed the procedure?
- What is your emergency protocol in case of complications? If a doctor isn't performing the procedure, will one be on-site and available?
- Do you have a list of patients I can contact? (Ask to speak with someone who has had the same treatment, at least 6 months earlier, so you can evaluate permanence and healing.)
- What are the costs for the procedure? Are there any additional costs?
- What are the risks/side effects involved with the procedure?
- What type of laser/equipment is being used? Is it appropriate for my skin type and for the result I'm seeking?
Visit www.Spafinder.com for "Cutting Edge" Laser Advice and Information
To help spa-goers make safe, smart medical spa treatment decisions, Spa Finder is offering a range of consumer resources at www.spafinder.com.
Visitors can access in-depth articles on medical spa treatment and innovations and advice on laser and other medical spa treatments from the editors of Luxury SpaFinder Magazine's regular SpaRX feature; discuss medical spa issues and experiences on the popular "Ask Susie" blog; and research in-depth information on medical spas nation- and worldwide.
To discuss medical spa consumer issues with Spa Finder, Inc. President (and authoritative spa expert) Susie Ellis, contact: Betsy Isroelit at: 213.300.0107 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Foster at 323.572.5361 or email@example.com.
Copyright © 2012, Spafinder Wellness 365, Inc. Information and data extracted from this press release is to be accompanied by a statement identifying Spafinder Wellness 365 (Inc.) as the publisher and source.