Spafinder Wellness, Inc., the worldâs leading spa and wellness media, marketing and technology company, is seeking a dynamic QA Lead for our Technology team to help define our path forward for our technology solutions supporting our online consumer brand and b2b websites, as well as suite of mobile apps and APIâs.
As QA Lead, you will drive our quality assurance effort, ensuring the companyâs high quality standards are met in every release. You will work closely with the Project Managers and Development team and must have a deep understanding of testing, QA processes and defect tracking. You should be comfortable working with a variety of teams and individuals, including user experience, creative, technical, and program management as well as our partners and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement rigorous testing processes and coordinate testing activities with internal teams
- Suggest and implement changes to the testing regimen to improve efficiency
- Clearly articulate the steps required to reproduce a bug with accompanying details (screenshots, test data, etc.)
- Have strong aptitude for exploratory (off-script) testing
- Manage testing feedback, prioritize defects and communicate regularly with developers to ensure proper resolution
- Manage the bug tracking process for the project team
- Understand the elements of user experience and identify UX issues that may not have been anticipated in the requirements phase
- Have an innate curiosity on how an application works and why it should (or should not) behave in certain ways, along with making recommendations on how to refine the system to better suit user needs and expectations
- Grow and build both QA processes and team as required by business needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelorâs degree in Computer Science and four (4) yearsâ experience in software testing
- Familiarity with all stages of the software development life cycle
- Strong communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments
- Experience with Jira or other bug tracking products
- Understand leading-edge web application technologies including, but not limited to, mobile applications and n-tier architectures
- Be comfortable with querying databases to create/validate test data using SQL tools
- Experienced in monitoring applications using multiple methods (application server logs, browser inspection tools, etc.)
- Be comfortable validating both front-end applications (web, mobile, etc.), as well as back-end services and SaaS models to ensure overall system quality
- Experienced in one or more of the following solution sets: consumer sites, corporate sites, B2B sites, commerce platforms, employee portals and marketing platforms
- Inform project managers of outstanding issues, risks and possible roadblocks to test completion
- Present written and oral communications in an organized and structured manner
- Maintain consistent dialogue with the development team throughout development and test cycles
- May be required to manage a team of outside QA consultants for a specified time period
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with automated test tools and automation scripting
- Understanding of automated QA processes and ability to create an automated testing strategy and overall test harness, including developing test automation with tools/programs
COMPETITIVE SALARY OFFERED. COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE FOCUSED ON PROMOTING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES FOR OUR TEAM MEMBERS AND A STRONG WORK/LIFE BALANCE
MEDICAL, DENTAL, 401(K), RICH PAID TIME OFF OFFERING, RECOGNITION PROGRAMS, UNIQUE PERKS AND MORE!
FUN, TEAM ORIENTED WORK ENVIRONMENT
Our Company is at the forefront of our industry, consistently offering new and innovative products and services. Our technology team is integral to our success and to our ability to maintain a substantial advantage over our competitors. It must use and create cutting edge systems to enable our organization to remain the leading authority in its field. The Companyâs culture is deeply imbedded in the creative and entrepreneurial spirit and in the personal and professional growth of its team members. We offer the opportunity to learn and create!
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, including salary history and requirements, to email@example.com. Submissions without salary history and requirements will not be considered. Please indicate âQuality Assurance Leadâ in the subject line of your email.