SpaFinder.com Gears Up for Wellness Week™ with Online Trove of Healthy Lifestyle Tips, Recipes, & MoreAs part of a nationwide initiative to help people jumpstart healthier and happier lives, SpaFinder.com is rolling out a sweeping six-week series of wellness tips, articles, recipes and more. Laying the foundation for Wellness Week™ (March 21-27), when spa and wellness businesses across the country will offer half-price or flat-rate $50 deals, the series showcases [...]
New York, NY – February 28, 2013 – As part of a nationwide initiative to help people jumpstart healthier and happier lives, SpaFinder.com is rolling out a sweeping six-week series of wellness tips, articles, recipes and more.
Laying the foundation for Wellness Week™ (March 21-27), when spa and wellness businesses across the country will offer half-price or flat-rate $50 deals, the series showcases tips, information, and ideas on everything from sleep therapy to state-of-the-art spa treatments to skin-friendly foods and much more. To find a Wellness Week™ location near you and to book deal today, visit www.spafinder.com/wellnessweek.
Each week, SpaFinder will spotlight a new a wellness trend or topic, providing in depth coverage aimed at helping readers build their new wellness regimen step-by-step. The weekly guides include:
- Week 1 – De-Stress Guide: For some relaxing first steps toward a healthier lifestyle, the inaugural guide offers 10 ways to ease workplace stress, a look at 6 kinds of clutter and how to get rid of it, a list of 5 physical benefits of massage, and more.
- Week 2 – H20 Healthy: Water is the main ingredient for a healthy body, and readers can keep hydrated with this guide to everything from the benefits of baths and banyas to skin hydrating tips.
- Week 3 – Finding Zen in Zzz's: Sleep easy with these articles on bedtime skincare, sleep therapy programs, sleep-inducing music, and more.
- Week 4 – The New Fitness: Gear up for Wellness Week™ fitness classes with these guides to yoga, pilates, and other new and traditional workouts, plus tips on finding a personal trainer, groovy workout playlists, and more.
- Week 5 – Glorious Food: The best skin-nourishing foods, the various benefits of specialty diets like raw and macrobiotic, a shopping list for your own spa kitchen, and more.
- Week 6 – What Heals You: From acupuncture to reiki to salt therapies, this guide sorts through the ever-expanding variety of healing treatments on offer at today’s spas.
In early March, SpaFinder will also publish a calendar of free wellness events being hosted by Wellness Week™ partners across the country. Planned events include an introduction to the Ayurvedic approach to stress management and weight loss at Spa Dhara in Fremont, CA to a seminar on the benefits of hypnosis and biofeedback at Natural Balance Massage and Wellness Center in Brooklyn, NY.
“Our goal is to guide people toward a healthier lifestyle that lasts throughout the year,” said Shari Rosenberg, editor of SpaFinder.com. “This online series will help get them solidly on track before Wellness Week™ even begins, and will allow them to keep coming back afterward to reinforce their new habits.”
Named one of the top wellness websites by Travel & Leisure, SpaFinder is the world’s leading spa and wellness resource. According to the May 2010 Coyle Research Report, more consumers to turn to SpaFinder.com for spa information than all search engines combined, including Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
About SpaFinder, Inc.
The world’s largest spa media, marketing, and gifting company, SpaFinder, Inc., connects millions of wellness-focused consumers with thousands of spas worldwide. SpaFinder’s media properties include the award-winning www.spafinder.com, the ClubSpa e-newsletter and blog, and the annual NewBeauty SpaFinder Guide to Global Spa, Wellness & Beauty. SpaFinder and its spa-beauty gift division, SpaWish, offer gift certificates and cards that are redeemable at a combined network of over 9,000 spas and salons, and are available at more than 90,000 unique retail outlets in 79 countries. SpaFinder Europe and SpaFinder Japan offer regional spa marketing and gifting programs, including localized, native-language websites. Founded in 1986, the privately held company is headquartered in Manhattan.