Too Stressed to Meditate? Try These 6 Easy Tips!
These six easy tips to meditate will help you relax and clear your mind...even if you're not the most focused person.
- Find a tranquil place with no phones, TV, or other distractions. For extra quietness use ear plugs.
- Before starting your meditation do a few gentle yoga postures to get energy flowing, your breath moving, and the body ready.
- Soothing music or diffusing your favorite aromas can help you unwind and create a positive mind set.
- Make sure you have comfortable sitting or lying arrangements with a cozy floor pillow, meditation bench, or mat. You can use a blanket or shawl for warmth. If you are outside in very warm climates, choose a shaded area out of the sun to avoid overexposure to ultra-violet rays.
- Begin with deep breaths. Allow your mind to focus only on the breath. Focusing on the breath will begin to still the mind.
- For your first few times have a meditation guide help you on your journey. Meditation guides are always best in person but recorded voices can also be used.