What is Zumba…?
“Zumba fitness is an aerobic dance party like no other fitness class set to Latin and World rhythms. Zumba is fun, easy and makes an hour of sweat feel like five minutes. There is freedom in a dance party to move at your level of fitness with or without impact. One student said you sweat figuring out how to do the steps, then you sweat when you can apply yourself to those steps.”
What are some of the physical and psychological benefits…?
Who is Zumba good for?
“EVERYONE! There is freedom in the program to express yourself allowing modification to your fitness level and limitations. There are various programs to address the needs of any student wanting to try Zumba. Zumbatomic geared toward young students, Aquazumba offering the resistance of water and ease on body joints, Zumba Gold addressing the needs of the more mature adult, and Zumba toning done with light hand weights for focused toning results. I have students from 17 to 91 in my classes, both male and female. Always have students check with physician before starting a new program. Keep in mind there is a lot of twisting and lateral movement in the traditional class which may be difficult for students with certain Knee injuries.”
What do you love most about teaching Zumba?
What is your favorite music to teach to?
It’s all great! I like some more than others! Reggaeton has fabulous beats that are super fun to dance to. I find all the music even though I don’t always know what the lyrics are about make me feel happy. I see students dancing into class when they just hear the intoxicating beats.
Top Ten Reasons to Try Zumba:
- It’s fun! Music, dancing – what’s not to love?
- It’s a high-energy group workout – Hello new workout buddies!
- Offered in so many locations – near you and whenever you’re away
- Helps with coordination – thanks to teaching lively choreography
- Speaking of choreography, dancing keeps us moving and keeps us happy!
- It’s great for all fitness levels – whether you’re just starting out or go to the gym all the time
- It’s an upbeat way to switch up your workout routine
- Burns lots of calories in just one class
- It works out your entire body
- Did we mention it’s fun? Go try a Zumba class today!
Have you ever tried to bust a move in Zumba class? Let us know!
You might also like:
Giveaway Alert: Living Your Dream, The Inspiring Story of Sheila Cluff
Multitaskers Take Note: Clearing the Mind for Greater Productivity
6 Steps Toward Listening to Your Body for Health & Happiness
6 Simple Ideas for 10 Minutes of Silence
Just Move More: A Guide to Integrative Exercise