Ways to Save Money for Back to School and Beyond
Whether it’s back to school or simply day to day, here are a few ways for you to you are buying back-to-school necessities or wanting to get a head start on holiday shopping, here are three ways to score deals from Rebecca Gramuglia, consumer expert at TopCashback.com.
- Know the sale cycle. Stores often follow the same calendar of sales each year, so make note of any sales for your favorite retailers and save your shopping trip until then (if you can). For example, Nordstrom hosts their “Anniversary Sale” event every year beginning in mid-July, and Sephora historically hosts their “Savings Event” once in the spring and once in the fall.
- Pro-tip: Shop end-of-season sales. With the end of summer approaching, you may find deals on summer items. For example, if you notice that your beach chairs have seen better days, buy new ones once you see significant markdowns. That way, you’ll have brand new chairs for next summer. And when it comes to clothing, summer pieces can still be worn well into the fall or even be used for layering in the colder months.
- Layer on discounts. To save the most possible, look at all of your discount options. Subscribe to emails and join loyalty programs for retailers you often shop at to receive special coupons and extended sale periods. Use those discounts along with a credit card that gives you cash back or rewards points on your shopping. And if you shop online, you can save even more by shopping through cash back sites, like TopCashback.com, Rakuten and Honey. You’ll score a percentage of your money back on qualifying purchases from over 7,000 stores nationwide, like Macy’s, Best Buy and Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Pro-tip: Download the free TopCashback Browser Extension to be notified when you’re shopping on a site offering cash back and coupons so you’ll never miss out on any potential savings.
- Sign up for loyalty programs. For any retailers you consistently shop at, consider signing up for their loyalty program. By providing your email or phone number, you’ll be notified of any major sales and special promotions. Sometimes, these deals are exclusive to loyalty club members or may only be available in the store’s app. And depending on the program, you may earn points towards coupons and free products with each purchase.