Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or just love the amazing flavors in Mexican cuisine, you’re sure to love these 10 healthy and unbelievably delicious recipes!
This mango salsa recipe from Shane Diet, Weight-Loss & Fitness Resorts is perfect for dipping or topping you favorite grilled fish or chicken for lunch or dinner. Get the recipe in the video below:
Looking for something to dip into this flavorful salsa? Check out this receipe for Squash Quesadillas from Hilton Head Health! Also from Hilton Head Health, these three recipes for a Fruity Sangria, Green Pea Guacamole, and a fresh and spicy Pico de Gallo!
My personal favorite recipe is for Grilled Fish Tacos. Using the catch of the day, a little blackening spice, and a little fruit, this recipe is my go-to all summer-long!
Our Nutrition Expert, Dr. Will Clower shared this too good to be good for you Taco Salad recipe and I’ve been drooling ever since!
What you’ll need:
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup salsa (try the mango salsa recipe from above!)
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 small carrots, julienned
2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
What you’ll do:
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the turkey, and stir until crumbly and no longer pink.
3. Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, kidney beans, and salsa. Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture is simmering and the beans are hot, about 5 minutes.
4. Divide the lettuce, carrots, and red bell peppers among four serving plates.
5. Spoon the turkey mixture on top to serve!
Now that food is settled, we can’t forget the drinks! Use these tips to craft the perfect margarita, plus get recipes for a spicy Mango Scotch Bonnet Margarita and a British Breakfast Margarita that uses apricot jam.
For a cooler treat try the Cool Cucumber Margarita The Lodge at Woodloch!
1.5 oz. of Patron Reposado Tequila
5 oz. Cointreau
2 oz. simply syrup
1. Muddle cucumber and lime juice together
2. Add all ingredients to mixing glass. Shake. Pour into rocks glass. Top off with club soda
3. Garnish: cucumber slices and lime wedge
What are your favorite recipes to make on Cinco de Mayo? Share them in the comments below!
Most recent from Nutrition