Asian-inspired Bento Boxes might not be exactly what you would expect from the Willow Stream Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico, but the Bento Box is simply a gorgeous way to deliver Executive Chef David Andrews’ delicious spa cuisine. These petite portions provide the spa-diner the chance to enjoy some healthy, seasonal fruits and veggies that will refresh on any summer night!
Bento Box Recipe from Willow Stream Spa
Skinless Chicken Breast
Coat skinless chicken breast lightly in olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Grill chicken and slice.
Pesto & Cherry Tomato:
1 1/2 ounces Toasted pine nuts
3 each Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 ounce Salt
10 1/2 fluid ounces Olive oil
4 ounces Basil leaves, washed and dried well
2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place nuts, garlic, half of the salt, and half of the olive oil into a blender or food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend to a paste, about 1 minute.
2. Begin adding basil leaves gradually and blend on and off to incorporate basil into the emulsion. Add the additional oil gradually until the paste is thoroughly combined.
3. Adjust the seasoning with salt as needed. Add the Parmesan cheese and blend just before serving. Pesto should be stored under refrigeration with a layer of oil across the surface
Executive Chef David Andrews
4. Toss halved cherry tomatoes in pesto.
Papaya brunoise 750 grmOrange juice 500 ml
Honey 150 ml
Chopped mint 1 roll
Red pepper (roasted & diced ) 150 gr
Lemon juice 25 ml
In a small bowl mix all the ingredients, finish with lemon juice.
1 Green bell pepper
1 Red bell pepper
- Dice red and green peppers
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil to couscous
- Mix ingredients carefully, adding salt and pepper to taste
- Add red and green peppers to couscous
- Decorate with two asparagus stalks
Mix two teaspoons of honey with balsamic vinegar. Toss berries in vinegar and honey mixture.
Most recent from Nutrition