Boost Serotonin with this Happy Holiday Hot Cocoa Recipe
- Published: Saturday, December 6th 2014
- in Nutrition
Hot cocoa is a necessity during the holiday season but its more than childhood nostalgia that’s making you happy! Use this Happy Holiday Hot Cocoa Recipe to make a healthy hot chocolate that boosts your serotonin levels thanks to the dark chocolate and the cinnamon, believed to promote dopamine and serotonin levels that help to alleviate depression and anxiety! Plus, it’s dairy-free so it doesn’t pack on the calories and the sweetness helps to reduce any sweet cravings!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon Raw Chocolate Cacao Powder (I love
- Navitas Naturals which you can find at Whole Foods)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Almond Milk Creamer (So Delicious makes a great one!)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
What you’ll do:
- Mix cacao powder and water and boil
- Reduce to a simmer and add creamer, vanilla, and spices.
- Mix well and allow to cool a bit before enjoying under a nice cozy blanket!