Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
- Published: Monday, December 2nd 2013
- in Nutrition
Enjoy these delish gluten-free Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins from The Oaks at Ojai!
½ cup Chopped walnuts
1 tablepsoons Agave or honey
1½ cups rice flour
½ cup sorghum flour (you can use all rice flour if you like; just increase rice flour to 2 cups and increase guar gum to 2 tablespoons)
1½ tablespoons guar gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon allspice
¾ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup agave or honey
2 tablespoons molasses
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 large egg
½ cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon fresh orange zest (grated rind)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with muffin cups.
2. Combine the first two ingredients and set aside.
3. Combine second set of ingredients in a large mixing bowl. If baking powder is clumpy, sift it with some of the flour.
4. Stir the third set of ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, combining well, but do not beat.
6. Fold in the orange zest and the cranberries.
7. Spoon or scoop ¼ cup batter into each muffin cup.
8. Sprinkle the top of the muffins with the first set of ingredients (nuts and agave).
9. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Per serving size of 1 muffin: 125 Calories | 4.7g fat| 12.1mg cholesterol | 112mg sodium | 2.6g fiber | 18.7g carbohydrates