Green Mountain at Fox Run Recipe: Orzo Summer Salad
- Published: Thursday, June 30th 2011
- in Nutrition
Hot summer days call for light and easy meals and this healthy and tasty Orzo Summer Salad recipe from Green Mountain at Fox Run fits the bill to a tee. Featuring in-season vegetables, finding the freshest local ingredients should be a cinch – perhaps you’re growing them in your own backyard!
Perfect for a picnic in the park, or as a side to your 4th of July festivities, this salad is easy to make in big batches and will satisfy and energize you for a day of summer fun.
2 cups cooked orzo
1½ cups cherry grape tomatoes (or 1½ cups diced tomatoes)
¼ cup chopped green onions or scallions
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped basil
1 tbsp chopped mint
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 container (4 ounces) feta crumbles
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine orzo, tomatoes, onions and herbs in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and add to orzo mixture.
- Stir in feta crumbles.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.