This week we focus on getting our nutrients from whole foods first! An egg is a complete protein and sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A and potassium. Enjoy the taste of this nutrient packed dish!
What you’ll need:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced sweet potato
1/4 cup diced tomato
Salt and pepper to taste
Cumin to taste
The number of eggs you want
One half of a lime
Your favorite hot sauce
What you’ll do:
1. Put the butter into a skillet over a medium-high flame until it melts.
2. Throw in all of the diced veggies, add the salt, pepper, and cumin, and mix well. Let sit for a minute, taste and correct the seasonings if necessary.
3. Add sprinkles of hot sauce (based on your own spice tolerance).
4. Cook to desired doneness, add the juice of one-half lime, turn off the flame.
5. As the hash is cooking, make your eggs to your preference.
6. To serve, put egg on top of the hash, and enjoy!
Most recent from Nutrition