While we all can’t walk the red carpet, we can absolutely enjoy Oscar night celebrations at home! Invite friends over for this year’s Academy Awards on Sunday, February 22nd, dress to impress, and serve these cocktails inspired by the films of the night!
The Selma 65, inspired by Selma
¾ ounces Bombay Sapphire gin
½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ shot of sugar syrup
Top with Martini Persecco
1. Shake the first three ingredients with ice and strain into champagne glass, then top with champagne and lightly stir.
2. Garnish with a lemon twist.
A Brief History of Thyme, inspired by The Theory of Everything
1½ ounce Caliche Rum
½ ounce lemon juice
3/4 ounce pomegranate juice (Pom Brand is recommended)
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
½ ounce or Combier orange liqueur (or any other fine Triple Sec)
1 dash of agave nectar (optional if you don’t like dry cocktails )
1. Combine all ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously until well chilled.
2. Serve in a chilled cocktail coupe, garnish with a thyme sprig.
The Sondheim Sour, inspired by Into the Woods
2 parts Disaronno
1 part fresh lemon juice
¼ part simple syrup
1. Shake ingredients and strain over ice in a glass.
2. Garnish with lime slices.
The Moore Ginger Fizz, inspired by Still Alice
1 part DEWAR’S® WHITE LABEL® Blended Scotch Whisky
3 parts ginger beer or ale
1. Fill pint glass with ice and add DEWAR’S WHITE LABEL.
2. Top with ginger and garnish with an orange wedge.
The Jazzy Hour, inspired by Whiplash
½ part DISARONNO
1 part vodka
½ part tangerine liqueur
1 part pineapple juice
Splash lemon juice
1. Shake with ice and strain into a martini cocktail glass.
2. Garnish with an orange slice.
The Man Behind the Mask, inspired by Birdman
1 large chunk of ice
1 part Dewar’s Scotch whisky
1 part MARTINI Gran Lusso
Orange peel or twist to garnish
1. Build drink in a cocktail glass with ice.
2. Garnish and serve.
Most recent from Nutrition