Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa Recipe: Stuffed Red Bliss Potatoes
- Published: Friday, December 14th 2012
- in Nutrition
No holiday feast is complete without a fair helping of potatoes. From mashed to scalloped there are an endless variety of ways to prepare them but Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa has a recipe guaranteed to please at every seasonal soiree: stuffed red bliss potatoes. Pritikin turns the basic potato up a notch by adding delicious lump crab meat and fresh mozzarella to create a (two) bite-sized app for holiday parties and beyond.
Stuffed Red Bliss Potatoes (Makes about 12-15 appetizers)
12-15 red bliss potatoes
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
1 lb. lump crab meat
1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
3 tbsp fat-free mozzarella cheese
- Boil potatoes till tender, about 10 minutes. Cool. Then scoop out centers of each potato, taking care to leave skins intact. Set centers aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic till turning golden, about 3 minutes. Add crab meat. Sauté 3 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, combine centers of potatoes, crab meat mixture, parsley, and cheese. Blend well.
- Use mixture to fill potato skins, forming a pretty peak for each one.
- Place stuffed skins on a nonstick baking sheet, and bake in oven for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information per serving: 140 calories | 0g fat | 10g protein | 25g carbohydrate
You might also like:
Gwinganna’s Baked Pears with a Sauce Anglaise
Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat’s Mushroom Paté
8 Healthy Holiday Side Dish Recipes to Try
Autumn Leaves: Fall for 5 Seasonal Salad Recipes
Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat’s Tahini Balls