Rancho La Puerta’s Aztec Guacamole
With just two more days until kickoff we find ourselves still searching for snacks to serve at our Super Bowl Sunday parties! And while we shared a few with you recently, one our fabulous teammates just arrived home from a relaxing (yet invigorating) stay at Rancho La Puerta and was raving about their Aztec Guacamole so we knew we had to share the recipe!
- 1 cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1 medium Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- ½ red or sweet onion, cut into ⅛-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- In a blender or in the bowl of a food processor, process the peas until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork or potato masher. Add the juice, tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add the peas and mix well.
- If the guacamole won’t be served immediately, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent browning.
See more at rancholapuerta.com