With just two more days until kickoff we find ourselves still searching for snacks to serve at our Super Bowl Sunday parties! And while we shared a few with you recently, one our fabulous teammates just arrived home from a relaxing (yet invigorating) stay at Rancho La Puerta and was raving about their Aztec Guacamole so we knew we had to share the recipe!
- 1 cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1 medium Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- ½ red or sweet onion, cut into ⅛-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- In a blender or in the bowl of a food processor, process the peas until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork or potato masher. Add the juice, tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add the peas and mix well.
- If the guacamole won’t be served immediately, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent browning.
See more at rancholapuerta.com
Most recent from Nutrition