Spafinder Wellness, Inc.® Introduces “The Wellness App”: Discover, Book, Pay and Earn Rewards from the First Universal Wellness Mobile ApplicationAccess services at over 25,000 yoga and Pilates studios, fitness clubs, spas, salons and wellness travel destinations; discover nearby locations and deals, read reviews and rate services, book appointments and classes, make payments and earn rewards.
Miami, FL – April 6, 2016 – When it comes to getting their wellness fix, consumers have been left to cobble together their own solutions: search for a provider with one app, get recommendations and reviews from another, book by picking up the phone, pay by pulling out a credit card, and if they’re lucky earn rewards, if they can just find that old loyalty card… It’s hardly a recipe for finding one’s Zen. Spafinder Wellness, Inc.® has the answer. The company today unveiled its new mobile application, “The Wellness App”, to consumers. The Wellness App allows users, for the first time, to find, book, pay, and earn rewards across a wide range of services, providers and locations, all from a single mobile application. The Wellness App is available in Apple’s App Store and on Google Play; to download, www.spafinder.com/thewellnessapp.
The Wellness App debuted in late March to Spafinder Wellness’s vast network of over 25,000 wellness businesses. Providers on the app are comprised of yoga and Pilates studios, fitness clubs, spas, salons and wellness travel destinations, and include well-known brands, such as Bliss, Equinox, Mandarin Oriental, Canyon Ranch, Elemis, Curves and Zeel, the Massage On Demand® company, along with single location providers.
Consumers who receive Spafinder Wellness 365™ Cards as gifts, incentives or rewards are able to upload them to the app and use them to purchase from providers in the Spafinder Wellness Network. The Wellness App is also fully integrated with the Spafinder’s corporate rewards program, My365Rewards, which awards users points for a variety of in-app and on-site behaviors.
“We believe finding ways to feel good and stay healthy should be easy and rewarded. With The Wellness App, Spafinder Wellness gives users a simple way to keep wellness funds handy and find, book and pay for services they choose,” said Pete Ellis, chairman and CEO of Spafinder Wellness. “For existing Spafinder Wellness users, the experience begins with a seamless transition of their rewards points and account information after they log in to the app; for new users, it’s about an easy connection to their next great wellness experience.”
The Wellness App, developed by Spafinder Wellness’ technology team, with support from Miami-based technology agency YellowPepper, breaks new ground in introducing a first-of-its-kind payment platform and the most advanced universal mobile payments technology for the wellness industry. The result is a single solution that gives consumers a seamless experience across providers.
The Wellness App allows users to:
- Discover a Global Network of Wellness Providers—Choose a provider based on location, services, pricing or reviews. Try a new location or connect directly with a trusted provider.
- Real-Time Bookings—Make an appointment or reserve a class at select partners (live in May).
- Pay for Services—Consumers can pay for services with the app, using a secure account with the in-app card and barcode scanner. They can also reload funds with a linked credit card.
- Earn Points & Rewards—All in-app behaviors are linked to the Spafinder My365Rewards Program, meaning that users earn points for everything from loading their Mobile Wellness Cards, booking classes and treatments, paying for services to even writing reviews. Points can be used toward services at partner locations.
- Get Location-Based, Real-Time Promotions & Special Offers—With local searches, users also get notification of nearby deals. When they achieve Silver and Gold Rewards levels, they have the opportunity to receive exclusive offers and invitations to special events.
- View Detailed Provider Descriptions and Service Offerings—Get a snapshot view of an individual location with descriptions and reviews.
- Rate & Review—App users can rate locations and leave feedback based on their experience. (Live in April)
“The app bridges the many gaps that have made wellness offerings diffuse and inconsistent, and brings together all types of providers, from large, established businesses to single-location establishments, to offer consumers a unified, seamless experience under one umbrella,” said Ellis.
Spafinder Wellness is holding launch events in the U.S., Canada and the UK. The Wellness App launch partners include ELEMIS, MINDBODY, Zeel and Booker. To learn more about or to download The Wellness App, visit www.spafinder.com/thewellnessapp.
ABOUT SPAFINDER WELLNESS, INC.
Spafinder Wellness, Inc.® is the world's largest marketing, gifting, incentives and rewards company for the wellness industry and the leading consumer resource for feeling good and living well all year round. With now over 25,000 wellness partners worldwide, including wellness travel destinations, fitness, yoga and Pilates studios, spas and salons, plus access to 5,000 massage therapists through Zeel's on-demand massage services, millions of people find the resources and inspiration to keep well every day via Spafinder Wellness 365 websites and The Wellness App. The company's widely distributed gift/wellness cards are available online and at 40,000-plus retailers worldwide, as well as through corporate incentive/rewards programs. Visit spafinder.com, spafinder.co.uk and spafinder.ca.