KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
A gel manicure uses gel to bind synthetic nails to your natural ones. Gel is applied over your fingernails just like regular nail polish, and after each layer is painted on your manicurist will place your hands under a small UV light for a short period to harden the gel. Clear gel manicures are very popular, for a more natural look. If you’re a nail art fan, gel manicures are the perfect treatment – glitter and crystals will adhere very well to gel manicures. Before you get a gel manicure, you should be aware that while this type of treatment typically yields impressive, glossy nails, there are a few things to look out for:
- Gel manicures are typically more expensive than other types of manicure.
- There is also the upkeep factor: if you want your nails to look their best, you will need to visit your manicurist regularly (every 4 weeks).
- During the removal process, damage to your nail bed can occur.
- It is also unhealthy to regularly exposure your hands to UV light.
So do your research and find a manicurist who can answer all your questions and decide which manicure option is best for you!
MORE MANICURES, PEDICURES & SKINCARE IDEAS
LEARN MORE ABOUT GEL MANICURES AND SKINCARE
- Spring Break Around The Corner — Swimsuit Trends for 2022
Don’t fall behind this spring break. Here’s the low down on the loud and proud 2022 swimsuit trends this season.
- Liquid Facelifts vs. Threads — Pros & Cons
Interested in giving your face a little lift? Check out these pros and cons between liquid facelifts and threads.
- Skin Deep — 5 Top Skincare Products
Step up your skincare game with these top products available now in the Spafinder store.