KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
A gel manicure uses gel to bind synthetic nails to your natural ones. Gel is applied over your fingernails just like regular nail polish, and after each layer is painted on your manicurist will place your hands under a small UV light for a short period to harden the gel. Clear gel manicures are very popular, for a more natural look. If you’re a nail art fan, gel manicures are the perfect treatment – glitter and crystals will adhere very well to gel manicures. Before you get a gel manicure, you should be aware that while this type of treatment typically yields impressive, glossy nails, there are a few things to look out for:
- Gel manicures are typically more expensive than other types of manicure.
- There is also the upkeep factor: if you want your nails to look their best, you will need to visit your manicurist regularly (every 4 weeks).
- During the removal process, damage to your nail bed can occur.
- It is also unhealthy to regularly exposure your hands to UV light.
So do your research and find a manicurist who can answer all your questions and decide which manicure option is best for you!
MORE MANICURES, PEDICURES & SKINCARE IDEAS
LEARN MORE ABOUT GEL MANICURES AND SKINCARE
- Best Pumpkin Skincare Products In the Spafinder Store
Grab your gift card and head to our virtual shop or your local spa, because gourd-geous (get it?) products are waiting for you!
- Everything to Know About Clean Beauty Skincare
Your skin is the best accessory that you wear every day; treat it with kindness! Spafinder is here to help define clean beauty.
- Best DIY Face Masks to Try
Did you know that you can save time, money, and heartache for your skin with these best DIY face masks designed for all skin types?