KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
A gel manicure uses gel to bind synthetic nails to your natural ones. Gel is applied over your fingernails just like regular nail polish, and after each layer is painted on your manicurist will place your hands under a small UV light for a short period to harden the gel. Clear gel manicures are very popular, for a more natural look. If you’re a nail art fan, gel manicures are the perfect treatment – glitter and crystals will adhere very well to gel manicures. Before you get a gel manicure, you should be aware that while this type of treatment typically yields impressive, glossy nails, there are a few things to look out for:
- Gel manicures are typically more expensive than other types of manicure.
- There is also the upkeep factor: if you want your nails to look their best, you will need to visit your manicurist regularly (every 4 weeks).
- During the removal process, damage to your nail bed can occur.
- It is also unhealthy to regularly exposure your hands to UV light.
So do your research and find a manicurist who can answer all your questions and decide which manicure option is best for you!
MORE MANICURES, PEDICURES & SKINCARE IDEAS
LEARN MORE ABOUT GEL MANICURES AND SKINCARE
- Picture Perfect — Master Your Pose
Picture perfect posing makes a difference when everyone is documenting their lives. Don’t miss out on these insights for a great photo.
- Kinesiology Tape Combats Wrinkles: Not Just for Sports Anymore
Kinesiology tape is used to lessen pain, reduce swelling and improve performance. But it can also tackle wrinkles and lift our tired skin.
- Spring Skin with Gua Sha
Find out how to give yourself a DIY natural facelift with a gua sha facial and get glowing, revitalized skin this summer.