KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
A gel manicure uses gel to bind synthetic nails to your natural ones. Gel is applied over your fingernails just like regular nail polish, and after each layer is painted on your manicurist will place your hands under a small UV light for a short period to harden the gel. Clear gel manicures are very popular, for a more natural look. If you’re a nail art fan, gel manicures are the perfect treatment – glitter and crystals will adhere very well to gel manicures. Before you get a gel manicure, you should be aware that while this type of treatment typically yields impressive, glossy nails, there are a few things to look out for:
- Gel manicures are typically more expensive than other types of manicure.
- There is also the upkeep factor: if you want your nails to look their best, you will need to visit your manicurist regularly (every 4 weeks).
- During the removal process, damage to your nail bed can occur.
- It is also unhealthy to regularly exposure your hands to UV light.
So do your research and find a manicurist who can answer all your questions and decide which manicure option is best for you!
MORE MANICURES, PEDICURES & SKINCARE IDEAS
LEARN MORE ABOUT GEL MANICURES AND SKINCARE
- Liquid Face Lifts and Micro-Treatments for the Holidays.
This holiday will be a little different than a year ago so what are the dos and don’ts when it comes to beauty treatments?
- Fall Beauty Lineup: Twinning Manes and Manis
Bright, vibrant hair is all the rage this fall season. How about some twinning manes and manis—to match your nails to your hair?
- 5 Fall Skincare Tips to Keep You Fresh for the Season
You really can’t sustain the skincare regimen for the fall season that you do in summer. Change it up with these fall skincare tips.