SpaFinder Wellness, Inc., the leading spa lifestyle, marketing, travel and media company is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (PHP) to join our tech team in our New York City office. In this position you will be a crucial part of the team that produces the SpaFinder.com website and its back-end supporting software applications. This position is especially suitable for developers looking to expand their skill-set and gain experience with cutting-edge technologies in a diverse technology environment.
We're looking for self-starters who thrive on new challenges. In addition to technical and creative savvy, candidates must be motivated, energetic, and success-driven. Our environment is fast-paced and dynamic, and the ideal candidate must possess the same attributes. This is an opportunity to be a part of a growing team introducing new technologies.
• Be an integral part of our team responsible for deploying a new CMS solution as well as scaling and evolving the feature sets of platforms like our Last Minute Deals platform.
• Help design technical integrations between our Java and PHP services and applications
• Help perform technology evaluations against product requirements and implement solutions in keeping with architectural vision
• Investigate and at times prototype new Technologies to better solve our product and technical needs
• Help with standardization of toolsets we use for our PHP development
• Code, Code, Code!
• 5+ years of solid PHP development experience (LAMP stack a plus)
• Extensive knowledge of PHP5, OOP principles, and the MVC pattern
• Working knowledge of SQL (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers)
• Prior experience with CMS platforms (Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
• Knowledge of PHP frameworks (Zend, Symfony, Cake – Zend a plus)
• Experience creating and consuming RESTful API’s
• Excellent problem solving skills, self-motivated and able to multi-task
• Well organized and detail oriented, taking pride in your code and the solutions you develop
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves
• Working understanding and experience with Agile processes
• Strong working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
• Strong working knowledge of GIT
• Experience implementing and utilizing Test Driven Development
• Desire to make a big impact on a small team
• Experience with cloud technologies/hosting
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, vision
For immediate consideration in confidence, please submit a cover letter and resume in HTML, Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary history and requirements; submissions without salary info cannot be considered. If you have a website, send us the URL. Please reference "Sr Software Engineer (PHP)" in the subject line of your email. We are unable to offer sponsorship for this position.
SpaFinder Wellness, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.