About SpaFinder Wellness
SpaFinder Wellness is the world’s largest spa marketing and media company. We promote well-being experiences through vertical search, online/offline publishing, reservation technology and gift programs.
Re-launched in May 2008, SpaFinder.com connects users to over 6,000 Spas worldwide, and with the new patent-pending, exclusive functionality of SpaBooker, users are able to book their spa appointments online. In Fall 2008, Luxury SpaFinder Wellness Magazine becomes SpaFinder Wellness Lifestyle, providing SpaFinder.com visitors with the experiential spa experience to compliment the vertical spa search. SpaFinder Wellness is also publisher of Global SpaFinder Wellness: The Definitive Yearly Worldwide Spa Directory, and is the largest wholesaler and retailer of spa gift certificates (SpaFinder Wellness Gift Certificates/Gift Cards) driving incremental business to spas worldwide. International sites include France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan and the UK.
As the industry leader, SpaFinder Wellness is the organizer and sponsor of events such as the Global Spa Summit, Aspen Spa Day, and the Spa Experience in New York. SpaFinder Wellness’s President, Susie Ellis, is the industry’s "voice of spa" and is in great demand as a speaker and writer on all spa-oriented topics.
The New York Times cited the founding of SpaFinder Wellness as a milestone in the growth of the worldwide spa industry, and both Forbes.com and USA Today have chosen Spafinder.com as the best website for spa travel.
Why We Are Relevant
- The global spa economy has exploded into a $254 billion industry.
- Health and wellness tourism, which includes visits to spas, is a relatively new but rapidly growing travel sector. SRI estimates 142 million international and domestic "spa trips" were taken in 2007.
- Total spa-related travel expenditures were an estimated $106 billion in 2007; over $39 billion related to international spa travel.
The SpaFinder Wellness Audience
Our readers are among the most affluent and well-educated demographic in the United States. Of them, 16% have a household income greater than $150,000 dollars a year (Indexing 166*) and are twice as likely to have a portfolio worth more than a million dollars (Indexing 202*). SpaFinder Wellness has a highly affluent and well-educated female audience, 75% of which are currently employed (211 Index*).*Nielsen/Netratings
SpaFinder Wellness Online Advertising Opportunities
SpaFinder Wellness offers a range of online advertising options to help your brand reach our highly responsive audience. Advertising on SpaFinder.com provides the opportunity to target your audience by type of spa-goer- Getaway Spa traveler as compared to Day Spa goer, by geographic origin, and by destination of interest. Current online advertising opportunities include those listed below:
- Large IAB standard ad units in uncluttered environment
- Video sponsorship and branded entertainment
- Exclusive sponsorship of upcoming Lifestyle Channels (Travel, Beauty, Spa Living and Well Being)
- Email Newsletter sponsorships
- Custom HTML email newsletters
- Promotion/sweepstakes - SpaFinder Wellness has the ability to create custom programs.
- B2B opportunities - reaching spa professionals or travel agents
If you are interesting in advertising, connect with a SpaFinder Wellness advertising representative who will provide a recommended media plan designed specifically for your business.