Table of Contents
- Information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- Who we share your information with
- How you can access your information
- Children's privacy
- External links
- Visiting our website from outside the United States
- California privacy rights
- Contact us
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Some information is gathered when you register or create an account with us. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy certain benefits of having an account with SpaFinder. For example, only registered members are able to view their purchase history, track packages, and earn loyalty points and badges. The more information you provide us (and the more accurate it is) the better we are able to customize your experience on our website.
In addition, we may ask you for information at other times, for example, in connection with a sweepstakes, or a survey. Your choose whether to participate in such events. If you do participate, we may share your information with sponsoring business partners.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit SpaFinder.com from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us.
We also automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit SpaFinder.com. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited.Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our sites.
Our website may also use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a webpage. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We may also allow our service providers to use web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and other actions on our site.Third Party Advertising.
SpaFinder is committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your searches and other site activity like the pages you have visited and content you have seen, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests.
We do not share your personal information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements. You can choose not to receive relevant online advertising on other websites by clicking here.
When you use a SpaFinder website, we will collect and use information about your location based upon your IP address. When you use a SpaFinder application (the "Application") on a mobile phone or tablet device ("Device"), we will collect and use information about you in broadly the same way and for substantially similar purposes as when you use a SpaFinder website. In addition, we may collect information about your location, via your privacy settings. We will use the location information collected to enhance your user experience. For example, we may use your location to show you special deals available at merchants near you. You can change your privacy settings at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information.2. How we use your information
SpaFinder may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to SpaFinder from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites' use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to SpaFinder.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of SpaFinder, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by logging in to your account on the SpaFinder website. You can close your SpaFinder account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.5.Security
We are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.6. Children's privacy
The SpaFinder website is intended for general audiences site and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.7. External links
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that SpaFinder does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.9. California privacy rights
Attn: General Counsel
257 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10001
United States of America
257 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10010
©2013 SpaFinder Wellness, Inc. All rights reserved.