Channel Your Inner Celebrity: 5 Ways to Get Red-Carpet Ready
Jennifer Lawrence, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts…we know celebs like these have an entire entourage to help them appear their camera-ready best before hitting the red carpet—and while we’d love to have our own glam squad to look flawless for our everyday occasions (arguably more mundane compared to movie premieres and awards shows!), up until this point we’ve had to leave that daydream to those on screen.
So in lieu of awards season, we asked Amber Loose, director of spa at Peninsula Beverly Hills, to disclose a few secrets of how our favorite screen sirens can get red-carpet ready—and how the rest of us, shall we say non-celeb civilians, can feel that little glimmer of star power as well.
- Meditation is the new “yoga.” “It is a workout for the mind,” Loose says. “The benefits are exponential. It opens the channels to be calm and clearheaded during this hectic time of photos, interviews, and parties.”
- Nutrition. “In order for skin to have the ‘healthy, youthful glow’ that everyone strives for, it starts from within,” Loose advises. The Peninsula Beverly Hills Spa offers an organic, antioxidant-rich “Grass is Greener Smoothie”—blended with parsley, kale, apple, and orange—that is recommended once a day for seven days prior to the event. “The excellent source of phytonutrients, as well as vitamins A, C, and K, and calcium, supply the skin with vital nutrients, and serve as one of the richest sources of lutein and beta-carotene, which improves elasticity and firmness,” she adds. (Find more spa smoothie recipes on our Spafinder Wellness 365™ Blog!)
- Body polish with detox wrap. “The skin on our body is just as important as the skin on our face,” Loose notes. On the Peninsula Beverly Hills Spa’s menu is a “body treatment with instantaneous results, leaving your skin not only feeling amazing, but looking phenomenal.” (And if you can’t make it to the spa, get more detoxifying tips here!)
- Radiance Facial. One of the most well-known treatments at The Peninsula Beverly Hills Spa is its Radiance Facial, a non-invasive, results-oriented service that “is recommended over any invasive treatments prior to important dates,” Loose tells us. “Facials are a must in preparation for events. We recommend once a week for a month leading up to the celebration.”
- Hand and nail treatments. “Treating the hands with anti-aging properties with vitamins and minerals replenishes the skin and keeps everyone guessing how you look,” she continues.
The best way to prep for awards season? Include these treatments “into a lifestyle rather than a quick fix,” Loose recommends. “The results promote a healthier you, making anyone feel glamorous for awards or for a night on the town.”