Golden Globes 2016: Get Our Fave Beauty Looks
- Published: Monday, January 11th 2016
- in Beauty
The glitz, the glamour, the dresses (and did we mention the jewels?)! Some of our fave actresses rocked the red carpet at last night’s Golden Globes. And while “Who are you wearing?” is probably the most common line heard at Awards show, what we concentrate on is not only the wardrobe, but how the stars are styling in terms of their hair and makeup looks. And at last night’s Awards, they didn’t disappoint—we’re completely inspired by these beauty looks and just had to share!
With these step-by-step tips, recreate some of our fave looks from those who killed it on the red carpet.
Kate Hudson’s slightly bent, boho-chic waves by David Babaii
Celebrity hairstylist and ghd, North America brand ambassador David Babaii used his favorite ghd styling tools to create this fresh look for the always stunning Kate Hudson. (He even cut off seven inches of her hair right before the Globes!)
- Dry hair using the ghd air™ hairdryer and ghd ceramic-vented radial brush size 3 to create texture and movement.
- Use the ghd white platinum™ styler, which has rounded edges, to create perfect waves and subtle bends throughout hair. (The styler boasts ghd’s tri-zone™ technology, designed to let you style hair at 365 degrees to ensure style holds without causing extra damage.)
- Run fingers through hair to separate strands for an effortless, easy look.
Jenna Dewan Tatum’s Smokey Eye by Patrick Ta
We didn’t think Jenna could get any more gorgeous, but then makeup artist Patrick Ta enhanced her exquisiteness even further using Honest Beauty’s Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Vibrant Ocean Blue.
- Apply the base shade 1 across the lid.
- Contour crease and shape outer edge of lid using dark shade 2.
- Complete the look by topping off the center of the lid with highlight shade 3.
Lily James’ cool-glam, brushed-out waves by Ashley Streicher
Celeb hairstylist Ashley Streicher was part of the beautiful Lily James’ glam squad. She created a head-turning look that fused both elegance and edge, utilizing SHOW Beauty products.
- Start by spraying SHOW Beauty Sheer Thermal Protect to prep locks for heat styling, followed by SHOW Beauty Divine Thickening Mist at the roots to add a bit of volume.
- Create a center part and spray a touch of SHOW Beauty Premiere Finishing Spray to each section to keep the hair in place.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch curling iron to curl hair, securing each row with a setting pin.
- Set hair at the nape of the neck with curls in one direction; the next layer, curl in the opposite direction to build body and create a tousled wave. Continue.
- For the top layer of the hair around the center part, use a flatiron instead of a curling iron to form finger waves that appear undone.
- Set, unpin, and brush out, finishing the look off with SHOW Beauty Premiere Dry Shampoo and another touch of SHOW Beauty Premiere Finishing Spray for hold and volume.