Recreate Our Fave Looks from the Golden Globes
- Published: Monday, January 12th 2015
- in Beauty
Award season is upon us, meaning there will be a ton of beauty inspiration coming our way and last night’s Golden Globes were no exception. Recreate three of our favorite looks of the night using these tips from the experts who created them!
Kate Beckinsale’s Voluminous Elegant Top Knot by Creighton Bowman of Tracey Mattingly
Celebrity hairstylist Creighton Bowman created this elegant top knot for Kate using his favorite René Furterer styling products.
1. On towel-dried hair, apply René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam at the roots and René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no-rinse detangling spray on the ends. Creighton also sprayed René Furterer LISSEA thermal protecting smoothing spray to help protect the hair from heat styling tools.
2. Next, using a medium-sized round brush, blow out the hair.
3. Curl the hair with a 1 1/4″ curling iron and then set the hair into 1″ sections.
4. Once cooled, brush out the curls and spray René Furterer NATURIA dry shampoo all over for added texture and thickness.
5. To begin the updo, pull all of the hair to the top of the crown and secure it with a ponytail holder. Once the ponytail is secure, wrap all of the hair around the ponytail base in a forward motion and secure it with pins in the front of the ponytail.
6. Finally, use René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY to hold the look in place and to smooth any fly-aways.
Chrissy Teigen’s Chic Tousled Ponytail by Celebrity Hairstylist and International Creative Director for Macadamia Professional, Giannandrea
This playful pony was perfect for Chrissy Teigen – allowing not only the gorgeous details of her dress to stand out but also her amazing bone structure (peanut butter and jealous much?).
1. Apply Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer on wet hair before blow drying the whole head with a large round brush, to create ample volume at the roots and length
2. Use a 1-inch curling iron and curl the whole head in waves.
3. Once the hair was set in waves, use a generous dollop of Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream and run hands through hair, using fingers to create separation and texture.
4 Gather hair into a high pony tail, slightly below the crown. Tie the pony into an elastic band and take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic band covering it. Keep the pony playful by using your fingers to open it up and make it wide, textured, and volumized
5. Make sure it’s not too tight around the face by creating volume at the front with separation. Leave some fly-aways on the sides for an effortless look
6. Spray in place with Macadamia Control Working Spray to protect against humidity and set for a night out.
Katherine Heigl’s Effortless Glam Waves by David Babaii, Brand Ambassador for ghd, North America
David called this hairstyle “California Chic.” Soft, smooth, with a “hint of naughtiness.”
1. Using the ghd air™ hairdryer, blow dry hair with a round brush.
2. Part hair down the middle and divide into three sections: two in the front and one in the back. Starting at the back and working your way forward, take different sized sections and curl hair using the ghd curve™ creative curl wand. After curling each piece, release the curl and stretch it out for 2-3 seconds. Continue all the way to the top alternating the direction of the curl.
3. For the top sections only curl the bottom half of each section of hair.
4. Finish by pulling the front section of one side behind the ear.