Feel Good Gluten Free Brunch Ideas
Plan something special for mom this Mother’s Day with a little healthy breakfast in bed! Let her sleep in and prepare one of these delicious brunch recipes from our friends at Miraval Resort and Spa
1 cup rice flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
¼ cup potato starch
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
1½ cup low fat buttermilk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 whole eggs
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Put the rice flower, tapioca flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum in a medium bowl and whisk lightly to mix.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix with a whisk or rubber spatula until the batter is almost smooth; a few small lumps are fine, but try not to over-mix.
4. Spray a nonstick skillet or griddle with some nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet, leaving room for more pancakes; repeat until you have a few pancakes in the pan but still enough room to slide in your spatula to flip them. Once the bottom of the pancake is nicely browned and lifts free from the skillet, flip it and cook until the other side is browned as well. Serve right away.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 whole eggs
1/8 cup melted butter
1 cup lowfat buttermilk
1. Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Whisk all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add wet mixture to dry mixture, mix until combined.
3. Bake your donut holes using a cake pop machine. This is Miraval’s secret instead of frying our donuts! You can make these ahead and store up to a day, but right before serving, heat ½ teaspoon of canola oil in a frying pan and add donuts. Shake pan constantly to make sure each donut is evenly coated and browned and immediately toss into a bowl of cinnamon and sugar (1/4 c. sugar to ½ tsp cinnamon). Roll each donut hole in cinnamon and sugar and serve immediately.