Chocolate Week: Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Published: Wednesday, February 18th 2015
- in Nutrition
This combination is so surprisingly wonderful together because you basically have a spice cake that is made moist by the zucchini and sweet by the chocolate, that’s a win-win!
What you’ll need:
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/3 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and butter two 9″ x 5″ loaf pans.
2. Place the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on low in 30 increments, until the chocolate has melted and is completely smooth.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla. Mix in the zucchini. With a spatula, add the melted chocolate and stir until thoroughly combined.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chocolate chips. Fold the flour mixture until it forms a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
6. Turn the loaves out onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
This week our expert, Dr. Clower is sharing a chocolate recipe a day and inviting you to take the Chocolate Challenge (for just $4.99) to see how chocolate can really make you healthier!