Curves Complete Recipe: 30-Minute Asian Chicken Salad
This Asian chicken salad recipe is a part of our Healthy Eating at the Office story! Read the full story for even more recipes and helpful tips to eat healthy while at the office.
“In general, my husband isn’t the biggest fan of salads, but he loves this one,” says Nadia Rodman, RD, director of nutrition for Curves International, Inc. “I often make a larger portion of this salad and eat it for lunch for several days. If you plan on doing that, wait until you are ready to eat the salad to pour the dressing on top so the veggies stay nice and crispy. This is also a great dish to take to a party or to serve family style on a large platter.”
Please note: Use more or less jalapeno in the dressing depending on how much you like spicy foods. Remember- the seeds are where all the spice is, so if you want it less spicy, just discard the seeds before chopping.
Asian Chicken Salad (Makes 4 servings)
For the salad:
- 4 oz. (115 g) dry angel hair pasta
- 10 oz. (275 g) chicken breast
- 1 cup Napa Cabbage (Chinese Cabbage)
- 1 cup Purple Cabbage (red cabbage)
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (capsicum)
- ½ cup cilantro (coriander)
- 2 scallions (spring onions)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 c spinach
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 oz. (50 g) cashews
For the dressing:
- ½ lime
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (salt reduced soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool it.
- Boil or bake chicken breast. Shred chicken breast and set it aside.
- Slice cabbage and bell peppers (capsicum) and place them in a large bowl.
- Chop cilantro (coriander), scallions (spring onions), and cucumber and place them in the same large bowl.
- Add spinach, bean sprouts and cashews to the bowl.
- Add pasta and chicken to the bowl.
For the salad dressing: juice ½ lime, mince ginger, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro (coriander). Whisk in the remaining dressing ingredients.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well and serve.
Nutrition information: 417 calories | 18 g fat | 3 g saturated fat | 515 mg sodium | 40 g carbohydrate | 5 g fiber | 27 g protein