Curves Complete Recipe: 30-Minute Farro Salad with Chicken and Green Beans
This whole grain recipe is a part of our Healthy Eating at the Office story! Read the full story for even more recipes and helpful tips to eat healthy while at the office.
“Before this recipe, I had never made farro. It’s delicious!” says Nadia Rodman, RD, director of nutrition for Curves International, Inc. “The taste is somewhat similar to brown rice. This is a great salad recipe that will fill you up without weighing you down. It can be eaten hot or cold, so leftovers would make a healthy lunch the next day. Enjoy! Please note, if you can’t find farro, quinoa, or brown rice could be substituted.”
Farro Salad with Chicken and Green Beans (Makes 4 servings)
- ½ cup farro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (16 oz., 450 g)
- 3 cups green beans
- 1½ cups corn
- 3 green onions
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 oz. (55 g) goat cheese
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Cook farro in boiling water until tender- about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat half of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet. Cook 8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into small pieces.
- Steam green beans and set aside.
- If using fresh corn, cut corn off the cob and chop green onions (spring onions).
- Mix farro, chicken, green beans, corn and green onions (spring onions) in a large bowl.
- Mince shallot and in a small bowl combine remaining oil, oregano, salt, vinegar, shallot and mustard. Pour this dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle goat cheese on top.
Nutrition information: 401 calories | 13 g fat | 4 g saturated fat = | 449 mg sodium | 37 g carbohydrate | 6 g fiber | 33 g protein
*Note: The image contains pomegranate seeds – feel free to add if you’d like!