With St. Patrick’s Day just a week away, there’s not better time to add a little green your menu. Collards are a superfood that we often overlook. These leafy greens are a great source of vitamin A and C as well as calcium. Give this easy to make, super flavorful recipe a try tonight!
What you’ll need:
1 pound collard greens
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
What you’ll do:
1. Rinse greens well in tepid water and slice in thin strips.
2. Place in a saucepan with the stock and basil, cover and cook about 30 minutes, until greens are tender.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté onion and garlic; stir in ginger root and jalapeno pepper.
4. Add to collard greens and stir until liquid is nearly evaporated.
5. Add sesame oil and pepper to taste; stir.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!
Most recent from Nutrition