Part four of our Heart Health and Blood Pressure recipe series features a sweet and savory vegan dish! This easy side dish or appetizer is flexible and can be jazzed up with flavors to please your taste buds. Remember: sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest veggies on the planet, so when they are a part of your regular diet, it’s a bonus for your health!
What you’ll need:
1 can of sweet potatoes (15 oz.) or try fresh!
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
What you’ll do:
1. Put the bread crumbs onto a plate and set aside.
2. Next, place the sweet potatoes in a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
3. Shape the sweet potatoes into small patties and roll each patty in the bread crumbs.
4. Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
5. Brown each patty on both sides and serve warm.
Play with your food!
Add a pinch of cinnamon.
Add some dried or freshly diced onions.
Use seasoned bread crumbs.
Most recent from Nutrition