This week we’re talking about Nutrition Boosters! The lemon juice and onion in this soup are great sources of vitamin C which aids in the absorption of the iron from the lentils!
What you’ll need:
1 cup lentils
1 1⁄2 quarts water
1 large potato, diced
1⁄2 bunch Swiss chard or lale
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon wedges or lemon juice
What you’ll do:
1. Wash lentils, add water, cover, and cook until almost tender.
2. Add diced potato; boil for 10 minutes.
3. Add Swiss chard or kale.
4. Meanwhile, sauté onions with salt and pepper in oil until golden brown.
5. Add to lentil mixture and cook until all of the vegetables are done, no more than 10 minutes.
6. Adjust seasonings. Serve with lemon wedges or add some lemon juice to the pot.
Most recent from Nutrition