Recipe for Baked Salmon with a Honey-Pecan Crust
- Published: Tuesday, March 10th 2015
- in Nutrition
The week we’re focusing on getting our nutrients from whole foods first! Omega-3 fatty acids are wonderful for your heart health and salmon is one of the best sources. Try this delicious baked salmon with a honey-pecan crust.
What you’ll need:
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons butter, melted
5 teaspoons honey
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
6 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
Salt and pepper to taste
6 lemon wedges
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, butter, and honey. In another bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.
3. Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with mustard-honey mixture. Cover the top of each fillet with bread crumb mixture.
4. Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness (measured at thickest part), or until salmon just flakes when tested with a fork.
5. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.