Ring in the New Year With a Spicy Sangrita Recipe
- Published: Wednesday, December 31st 2014
- in Nutrition
The Pony Room at Rancho Valencia in Rancho Santa Fe, California, serves up delicious handcrafted cocktails and the Pony Room Sangrita is the perfect cocktail for New Year’s Eve! The Pony Room created this spicy sangrita with the house made grenadine and a blanco tequila and you can create it at home using the recipe below!
What you’ll need:
2 cups pomegranate juice
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
2 drops orange blossom water
1 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
3/4 oz. home made grenadine
1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 slices jalapeno pepper
2 slices serrano pepper
What you’ll do:
1. Blend all of the grenadine ingredients on high speed for several minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Mix all ingredients for the Sangrita.
3. Allow pepper to steep until desired heat is achieved (for maximum heat steep for 1-2 days)
4. Strain pepper, serve neat as a sipping sidecar to blanco tequila.