Ska:ná: Spa at Turning Stone’s Strawberry Water
- Published: Wednesday, August 1st 2012
- in Nutrition
Ska:ná: Spa at Turning Stone in Verona, New York, means “peace” in the Oneida language and combines modern treatments with Native American healing principles to create peace and harmony within. It offers its guests spa water based on the Iroquois Annual Cycle of Thanksgiving. The spa’s Strawberry Water celebrates the Strawberry Ceremony, which signifies thanksgiving of all berries and new life birth, and the Maple Ceremony, signifying the coming of the life-giving season after the harsh winter. The power of maple is highly regarded and considered to be both preventative and restorative.
This recipe is truly refreshing, and simple, to boot!
1 lb strawberries
8 oz. maple syrup
10 cups water
- Wash, hull and cut the strawberries into chunks, place in a 2-quart pitcher.
- Mash the strawberries with a potato masher to a chunky consistency.
- Add the water and maple syrup and stir.
- Refrigerate and stir before serving.