Nutrient-Packed Breakfast Recipe: Sweet Potato Egg Hash
This week we focus on getting our nutrients from whole foods first! An egg is a complete protein and sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A and potassium. Enjoy the taste of this nutrient packed dish!
What you’ll need:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced sweet potato
1/4 cup diced tomato
Salt and pepper to taste
Cumin to taste
The number of eggs you want
One half of a lime
Your favorite hot sauce
What you’ll do:
1. Put the butter into a skillet over a medium-high flame until it melts.
2. Throw in all of the diced veggies, add the salt, pepper, and cumin, and mix well. Let sit for a minute, taste and correct the seasonings if necessary.
3. Add sprinkles of hot sauce (based on your own spice tolerance).
4. Cook to desired doneness, add the juice of one-half lime, turn off the flame.
5. As the hash is cooking, make your eggs to your preference.
6. To serve, put egg on top of the hash, and enjoy!