Miraval’s Pumpkin Spice Cookie Recipe
Miraval’s Pumpkin Spice CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Everyone loves cookies and these pumpkin spice treats from the spa chefs at Miraval Arizona are a delicious holiday desert or snack. There is no dairy, making these cookies a yummy option for guests who are lactose-intolerant.
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
2 Tbsp. prune puree
1 c. brown sugar
¾ c. canned pumpkin
¼ c. molasses
1 egg white
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1½ c. unbleached all-purpose flour
½ c. whole-wheat flour
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. allspice
½ tsp. ginger
Pinch of kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream together the softened butter, prune puree, and brown sugar. Add the canned pumpkin, molasses, egg, egg white, and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, and baking powder and add the cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to your mixer and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between the balls of dough. (They will spread slightly during cooking.)
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until puffed and slightly golden around the edges. Cool at room temperature.
- Calories are per cookie