Vegan Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
Vegan Macaroni And Cheese RecipeCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Vegan, PastaDifficulty: Easy
Cheese sauce Ingredients
2 cups of soaked cashews*
1 cup of filtered water
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 to 1 tsp of salt (adjust as needed)
1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1 tbsp of rice vinegar
Juice from 1 lemon, squeezed
1 tsp of turmeric
2 to 3 tbsp of red pepper, chopped
- Blend all ingredients except the olive oil in a high-speed blender: A Nutribullet or a Ninja’s smoothie container will do. Blend the ingredients until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved.
- Boil water and prepare pasta based on package instructions.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, add the olive oil and blend again.
- Mix in vegan sauce and serve
- *Soak the cashews for 30 minutes. If you didn’t have the time to soak the cashews, add an additional 1/2 cup of water.
- Calorie count is per 2 oz. serving.
Gluten-free macaroni options:
- Tolerant Organic Green Lentil Elbow Macaroni
- Tinkyada Pasta Joy Organic Brown Rice Pasta Elbows