We’re big into movies here at the SF office — dramas, comedies, indies, we love them all. When we want an opinion on a new film, we know Senior Editor Shari’s the one to ask because she’s probably seen it. Our SVP Betsy can pretty much name any actor starring in any movie ever made. And we can always count on Online Marketing Manager Raul to pass around a list of nominees for our Oscar predictions come award season.
With all of our movie-watching experience, we’ve noticed something — some of our favorite hotel and resort spas have premiered on the big screen as well. So we movie buffs decided to roll out the red carpet, spa-style, and share with you a list of the Top 10 Spas in TV and Film. These scene stealers are just some of the hundreds (maybe thousands!) of the hotel and resort spas that have been cast in TV and film. Their stylish spas also get two thumbs up from us!
Industry execs, take notice — in these movies, the hotel and resort spas are the stars.
- You can’t have a top 10 list like this without mentioning this one: The Plaza Hotel in New York City. (The Plaza’s Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa is also one of my personal faves!) Starring in Barefoot in the Park; Funny Girl; The Way We Were; Home Alone 2; Bride Wars
- Bond. James Bond. This movie featured both Sean Connery and Hôtel de Paris, Place du Casino, Monte Carlo. Starring in Never Say Never Again
- The majority of this Liam Neeson action movie was filmed at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin (there are some spectacular exterior shots!). Starring in Unknown
- This comedy cast Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn and the Inn at Perry Cabin, located on Maryland’s eastern shore. Starring in Wedding Crashers
- The Fontainebleau in sizzling Miami Beach heats up classic movies (and we love its Lapis Spa!). Starring in The Bodyguard; Goldfinger; Scarface; The Sopranos (TV); Top Chef (TV)
- The Beverly Wilshire is the backdrop for the cult classic that made us fall in love with Julia Roberts. Starring in Pretty Woman; Entourage (TV)
- The Spa at The Del – Hotel del Coronado in San Diego can be seen in this movie , which starred iconic acting powerhouses Marilyn Monroe and Tony Curtis. Starring in Some Like it Hot
- Lights, camera, spa! With actors like George Clooney, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt filming here, the Bellagio is as suave as its gets — and its famed fountains out front get a lot of screen time as well. Starring in the remake of Ocean’s 11; The Hangover; Rush Hour 2; What Happens in Vegas
- Switching over to the small screen, this beloved ’90s TV show was filmed at the Salish Lodge and Spa near Seattle, Washington, and the cast recently held a reunion here. Starring in Twin Peaks
- The Montage Beverly Hills is always playing host to celebrity sightings — and is the setting for some of the hottest TV shows too. Starring in Entourage; Keeping Up with the Kardashians; Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes
Do you like to make lists? We do, too! You might also enjoy:
Top 10 Spas for Best Cuisine
Top 10 Favorite New Getaway Spas
Most recent from Editors' Picks