I think most ladies will agree, when our hair is on point we could pretty much wear a paper bag and still feel gorgeous! We tapped into ghd Lead Stylist Rachelle Hawkins to get her three top looks for your locks this holiday season.
Look 1: Deep Side Part with Vintage Waves
1. Prep hair with a heat protecting spray. I recommend heat protect spray by ghd. Dry product into the hair until it is smooth and sleek.
2. Separate hair into horizontal sections. Start at the nape of the neck, using a 1 1/4″ curling iron, my favorite is the ghd soft curl iron, wrap the hair in the direction the hair will be going towards. Continue this until you reach the top of the head keeping the direction of the soft curl iron and the same throughout.
3. Let hair cool and brush curls out while using a shine spray to smooth fly always.
4. Create a deep part on the side of the head. Tuck one side behind your ear and leave the heavier side down in front of your ear.
5. Finish with your favorite hair spray!
Look 2: Textured, Wavy Pony/Updo
2. Prep hair with a heat protectant and texturizing spray. If you don’t have a texturizing spray, volumizing mousse works as well.
3. Dry the product into your hair using your hands. Section the hair in horizontal sections starting at the nape.
4. Using a 1-1 1/4″ iron, I love the ghd creative curl wand with a unique tapered barrel, wrap the hair around the stick while elevating the hair above your chosen section. Elevating creates more bounce and volume in your overall look. The smaller the section the tighter the curl and larger sections will give you a larger curl. Do this same pattern until every piece of hair is curled.
5. Next, with your hands run your fingers through your hair until you get the desired wave you are looking for.
6. Tease slightly at the crown area and with your hands loosely pull your hair back into a low pony. Keep your hands loose as to not pull the hair too tightly. You want to keep the hair loose so that you can see the texture of the waves.
7. Once you have gotten your hair to the desired look, tie your hair with an elastic band. This look also looks great with a center part. You have options now! You can wrap the hair in a loose bun giving you a beautiful updo or keep the ponytail and wrap a piece of hair around the elastic band and secure with a bobby pin.
8. Spray with your favorite hair spray when finished!
Look 3: Festive Fishtail
1. Prep hair with a heat protecting spray, my go to is the heat protect spray by ghd, and dry into your hair. With a smaller iron, I use the ghd 1/2″ gold styler, smooth out any kinks you see.
2. Create a deep side part. Leave a few pieces of hair out to frame the face.
3. Drag the rest of your hair to one side, still keeping the hair loose.
4. Take the hair in 2 sections. Holding the 2 sections (1 in each hand) take a small piece of hair from behind each section and cross it over and under to the opposite section. Do this until you have no more hair to hold. Tie with an elastic band.
5. Loosen the fishtail up by pulling apart the pieces lightly with your hands. This look can be worn causal or dressy. To dress it up a bit add some fun hair accessories like a sparkly head band!