Global Spa Summit 2008: Spa Economy hits $255 Billion
by Susie Ellis, SpaFinder
Whew…Global Spa Summit 2008 just wrapped and what an amazing event. I learned so much and had such fun. It was wonderful to see so many of my colleagues – there were 230 participants representing 29 different countries from around the world. Highlights included:
- Presentation of the First Ever Global Spa Economy Report
- Keynote address by Ian Schrager (inspirational)
- Regional Briefings from five panels: The Spa Industry in Asia, Europe, North America, Latin America and the newer markets of Russia and South Africa
- A delegation of spa management students from Cornell, The Lausanne Hotel School and UCIrvine.
- Keynote address by Dr. Richard Carmona (he received a standing ovation)
- And some interesting breakout sessions such as “The Soulful Spa,” “Deal Makers Give Advice,” and “Investor Insights.”
There was also a bit of controversy which I will share with you as well. For now, have a look at the Summit agenda to give you a sense of the rich content of this event.
If you wish to be put on a list that automatically sends my blog posts to your email, just let firstname.lastname@example.org know and she will add you to that list. Thanks so much!
Most recent from Living Well