New York Times Travel Show Always Makes Me Want To Go To A Spa (Now!)
- Published: Friday, February 29th 2008
- in Living Well
Snooping around the Travel Show (pre-opening) I saw that it is going to be jam-packed with all kinds of happenings. The official guide mentions cultural performances, seminars, events, sweepstakes, etc. My favorite parts are always the food tastings from places around the world, and of course the mini spa treatments. These looked particularly interesting:
· Mongolian Throat Singers
· Lithuanian Children’s Choir
· Drumming from Korea
· Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern (from that TV show where he is eats outrageous foods that turn my stomach).
· Packing with a Purpose
· Trends in Honeymoon Travel (our Executive Editor, Ann Abel, will be on this panel – very fitting since she is getting married in May!)
· Daisy Martinez, author and host of “Daisy Cooks” on PBS
And I should probably mention that I will be on a panel Saturday titled, “Affordable Luxury Travel” where I will share secrets of getting good spa deals. I have to say, after spending time at this show, having a relaxing massage is all I want to do.
If you wish to be put on a list that automatically sends my blog posts to your email, just let firstname.lastname@example.org know and she will add you to that list. Thanks so much!