Clean Reading: Tricks to Boost Your Metabolism and More
Start your week right with some Clean Reading! This week we’re reading stories that share tricks to rev up our metabolism (all day long!) and ones that unveil triggers for autoimmune disorders. What are you reading this week? Share your favorite links in the comments below!
- Get the most out of those workout machines in the gym! Men’s Health shares what you’re doing wrong and how to fix it on 5 of the most popular fitness machines.
- Speed up your metabolism all day long with these 5 tricks from Women’s Health.
- We love this fun infographic from MindBodyGreen showing the 9 superfoods you’ve never heard of, but should be eating!
- Food & Wine officially changes the way you’ll look at a colander with this list of 7 uncommon (but cool!) uses for that strainer.
- Before summer is over, discover 16 ways to use up that entire watermelon thanks to Real Simple.
Beauty & Grooming
- Could you be unknowingly ruining your hair? Daily Makeover unveils the 5 common hair product ingredients you should avoid.
- Clear your skin from the inside, out, with this list of 30 skin clearing foods from Glamour.
- Autoimmune conditions are growing rapidly, in fact more than 50 million Americans live with some sort of autoimmune disorder. MindBodyGreen shares 12 common triggers that turn on an inflammatory-immune response in your body.
Travel & Play
- Looking for a last minute summer getaway location? Huffington Post shares the 5 European cities you should visit (and the cost to get there!).
Your Wellness Tip To-Go: Take a break from your day to read through some of these healthy living stories across the web. Inspire yourself to try different recipes, fitness routines, or just to learn something new! After you’re done with the Clean Reading, take a moment to reflect on all you’ve read with a moment of mindful meditation. Just 5 minutes of quiet reflective thought will be enough to recharge you for the rest of your day!