Currently Craving: Travaasa Austin’s Blackened Shutome
- Published: Friday, May 17th 2013
- in Nutrition
Each Friday we bring you something we’re Currently Craving – whether it’s a product we love, a treatment we’ve got to have, or a delicious recipe we need to make ASAP – these are our current cravings of the moment! This week we’re shining the light on a recipe for Blackened Shutome from Travaasa Austin!
With summer (and its heat) just around the corner, we’ve been on the lookout for light, refreshing, but completely satisfying meals! This Blackened Shutome recipe fits the bill. It calls for Pacific-caught swordfish, a house-made blackening spice, cucumber salsa, jasmine rice, and Johnson’s Backyard Garden bok choy slaw!
Calories: 355.4 | Total Fat: 4.6g | Cholesterol: 0.0mg | Total Carbs: 37.1g | Dietary Fiber: 4.4g | Protein: 40.6g
2 4 oz. pieces of swordfish (or you can substitute with your favorite white fish)
1 bunch bok choy
1/4 red cabbage
1 cup cooked jasmine rice
2 cilantro sprigs
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cayenne powder
1 tbsp. dried basil
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Cut bok choy into thin ribbons, cut carrots into matchsticks, and slice red cabbage then dress with a Chablis or less oaky white wine and season with salt and pepper. (set aside)
2. Mix spices together and place one side of fish down in spices. Grill to preferred temperature.
Swordfish is always best medium rare to medium.
3. Peel, seed, and dice one cucumber and add zest and juice of one lemon. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
4. Place 1/2 cup of cooked jasmine rice onto plate. Gently stack the slaw and top with grilled fish. Finish with cucumber salsa and cilantro.
You might also like:
National BBQ Month: Healthy Take on Backyard BBQ
Dinner-Worthy Salads Spotlight: 4 Delicious, Healthy, and Filling Salads!
Curves Complete Recipe: 30-Minute Farro Salad with Chicken and Green Beans
5 Surprisingly Tasty Healthy Snacks for Picky Eaters
Healthy Eating at the Office: Easy & Tasty Breakfast & Lunch Recipes