Meatless Monday: Squash Quesadillas
- Published: Monday, October 6th 2014
- in Nutrition
Even if you aren’t a vegetarian, this Meatless Monday recipe for Squash Quesadillas from Hilton Head Health is enough to make anyone’s mouth water. Plus, they are a great way to sneak some nutrient-dense veggies into your meals (and your kids’ meals). Serve it up with Mexican cabbage slaw or our favorite mango-avocado salsa!
Serves 2; Serving Size 1 quesadilla
What You’ll Need:
2 cups zucchini, grated
¼ cup red onion, minced
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
½ teaspoon cumin, ground
2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
2 each whole wheat flour tortilla
What You’ll Do:
1. In a food processor grate zucchini.
2. Place red onions and parsley into the food processor to mince.
3. Pour zucchini, onions, and parsley into a strainer, allowing mixture to drain excess liquid.
4. Once drained pour mixture into a bowl, add cumin, Tabasco, and cheese. Combine well.
5. Lightly spray onto one side of the flour tortilla and place oiled side down onto a medium hot skillet.
6. Spread 1 cup of zucchini mixture onto ½ of the tortilla and fold the other half of the tortilla over.
7. Cook tortilla on the first side until golden brown, then flip and repeat.
8. Once both sides are brown, remove from heat and cut into 4 wedges. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information: 200 calories | 3g fat
For more Healthy Kitchen ideas, visit H3HEALTHYKITCHEN.COM