Guilt Free Donut Holes Recipe
Gluten Free, Guilt Free Donut HolesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Plan something special for mom this Mother’s Day with a little healthy breakfast in bed! Let her sleep in and prepare one of these delicious brunch recipes from our friends at Miraval Resort and Spa
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoons cinnamon
2 whole eggs
1/8 cup melted butter
1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add wet mixture to dry mixture, mix until combined.
- Bake your donut holes using a cake pop machine. This is Miraval’s secret instead of frying our donuts! You can make these ahead and store up to a day.
- Right before serving, heat ½ teaspoon of canola oil in a frying pan and add donuts. Shake pan constantly to make sure each donut is evenly coated and browned and immediately toss into a bowl of cinnamon and sugar (1/4 c. sugar to ½ tsp cinnamon).
- Roll each donut hole in cinnamon and sugar and serve immediately.
- Calories are per donut hole with approximately 12 holes per batch.
- Cake pop machines are inexpensive and fun.