It’s Employee Appreciation Day! Whether you’re a major conglomerate or a one-person team (yourself!), it’s time to express your gratitude for those in your workplace.
We asked Claudia Rimerman, senior vice president, corporate and group wellness at Spafinder Wellness, Inc.®, to provide us with seven simple ideas of how you can say thank you.
- Of course, “a Spafinder Wellness 365™ Gift Card would be the top way” to say thank you! Rimerman muses. (We agree wholeheartedly—it’s a gift you know will be used in a healthy way.)
- “Second to that, a little flexibility in scheduling is a very nice way to show appreciation…I’m not saying you have to offer telecommuting every day,” but providing occasions for employees to accommodate their lives and have more flexibility is highly appreciated, Rimerman says.
- Apply nice office traditions. At Spafinder, we offer in-office Thursday massage, special discounts, themed wellness weeks, guest lecturers, etc., but, as Rimerman notes, employees at “any office can take a walk together outside, have a healthy lunch brought in—food is always very much appreciated.”
- Similar to number three, consider scheduling some kind of office outing—dinner, a team-building day, even just team walks through a local park.
- Allow opportunities for learning, whether it’s cross-training in the company or self-progression, Rimerman adds.
- Present small gifts that can be either personal or business-like; for example, desk decorations to embellish your staff’s workplace space.
- And, “the most important: the real thank you—actually saying thank you and taking a personal interest in [your employees’] lives,” she says.
And on that note, thank you for the tips—we appreciate it!
Most recent from Relationships