Show You Care with a Spa Couple’s Massage
A couple’s massage. Calming? Of course. Romantic? It definitely can be. But remember, no rules apply when it comes to a couple’s massage at the spa. Meaning, you don’t have to book a couple’s massage with just your significant other. Sure, a massage for two can be a fabulous, dreamy experience with your partner, spouse or boyfriend, but it can also be an amazing bonding experience with mom, sis, your BFF, etc. Either way, one thing’s for sure: A couple’s massage will definitely be a relaxing event.
Keep reading for helpful tips to make the most of your couple’s massage.
- Massage modalities. There are different kinds of massage available to accommodate your (and your spa companion’s) needs. Seriously knotted muscles? Try a deep tissue massage. Just looking for tranquility? Try aromatherapy or hot stone. Not sure what to book? A Swedish massage is most likely your best option.
- Therapist partiality. If you prefer a male or female massage therapist, request upon scheduling your appointment as early as possible.The spa should try its best to cater to your wishes.
- A welcome introduction. Use a couple’s massage as a means of familiarizing your partner into the spa world; your significant other, whether it be your spouse, mom, or BFF, may feel more comfortable stepping into a spa when he or she has someone to tag along beside them.
- Consider your surroundings. Planning your massage at a resort, hotel, or destination spa? Make a day of it and utilize the site’s facilities: fitness center, steam room, sauna, whirlpool, swimming pool, spa lunch with champagne, etc.
At a beachside resort? Ask if the spa offers massage services waterside—how romantic (and serene!).
- Under pressure? There’s no pressure at a spa, unless you’re partaking in a massage, and then the pressure should be to your liking (aka, light, medium, or firm). Don’t be afraid to voice your preference to the massage therapist if need be; the therapist will appreciate you speaking up—and you won’t wind up disappointed upon leaving your spa treatment.
- Be smart about your phone. Turn off your phone (the calls can wait) and truly revel in the relaxing day with your loved one. Make the day completely about self-care for you and your fellow spa-goer.