My husband wants to take our daughter, who is in recovery for bulimia, alcoholism, and drug abuse, and me to a luxury spa in a warm place, with no bar, for a week. Any ideas?
While spas are typically not places to go for rehabilitation from bulimia, alcoholism, or drug abuse, they can be a great reward for having finished such a program! And you are smart to select a spa that doesn’t serve alcohol.
Based on your desire to be in a warm climate at a luxury spa, my first choice for you would be Cal-a-Vi; it is in southern California and is definitely luxurious.
Do take a look at the rest of the following list – there are some great spas listed that might work even if they are slightly less luxurious or in a cooler climate.
And, selecting a spa without alcohol may be a good idea for a lot of folks even if they don’t have addiction issues. It’s a nice temptation to avoid for a few days or, in your case, a week.
Full list of spas that do not serve alcohol
- Absolute Sanctuary (Koh Samui) Surat Thani, Thailand
- Cal-a-Vie Health Spa Vista, CA
- Canyon Ranch, Massachusetts Resort Lenox, MA
- Canyon Ranch, Arizona Resort Tucson, AZ
- Deerfield Spa East Stroudsburg, PA
- Fresh Start Health Retreat Centers Oyster Bay, BC, Canada
- Green Mountain at Fox Run Ludlow, VT
- Hilton Head Health Hilton Head Island, SC
- Maharishi Ayurveda Health Center Lancaster Lancaster, MA
- New Life Hiking Spa Killington, VT
- The Oaks At Ojai Ojai, CA
- Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa Miami, FL
- Quiberon at Sofitel Dietetique Thalassa sea & spa Quiberon, France
- Ranch at Live Oak Malibu Malibu, CA
- Rancho La Puerta Tecate, Mexico
Most recent from Living Well