Remote Work; Keep It Mindful
During this time when several businesses are advocating work from home, it’s good to think about balance, how to stay productive and healthy.
First, let’s take a quick moment to celebrate the perks;
- No commute necessary
- No dress code
- Time to take care of house errands like laundry
- Save money on meals, clothes & gas
So now that you are in the remote working space, what should you do?
- Create a dedicated space. This will help with discipline. Do you want to work from home on a desk or at the coffee shop? Choose wisely and make it a routine. This will keep work time from overlapping onto your free time.
- Avoid distraction by making a daily list to work through. This will optimize focus.
- Manage your schedule. Maybe you can focus for one hour and need a 30 minute break, maybe its 30 minutes. Find your rhythm to maximize your productivity. Walk your dog, do a few push ups, stretch, meal prep. These are just some quick options to give you a little oxygen and flexibility during your day.
Working with kids at home: If your children are home during this time and you need to find balance, see if your husband/wife/partner can work with you on taking care of the kids. Perhaps shifts are an option to assist with parenting and remote work.
Schedule a brain break/wiggle break with the kids. Be gentle with yourself and your kids. As stressful as it is for you, realize your kids are also feeling the same way. Maybe everything will not get done today, but less pressure will make this time easier for everyone to cope.
Work from home daily checklist:
- Change out of your PJ’s
- Take a few breaks
- Shake your booty and stretch
- Video conference with co-workers, friends and family
- Call, Email, text and message to communicate
- Cook your favorite recipes
- Break outside to take in fresh air- weather permitting
Stay well. Take some virtual classes to practice mindfulness and wellness with Spafinder experts.
Order spa home or visit the spa for a break.