6 Easy Tips to Get Glam Post-Workout
- Published: Thursday, July 31st 2014
- in Beauty
Admit it: There’s been a time or two (or three, or four) you didn’t make it to the gym because a) you wouldn’t dare come back to work looking like you just spent 60 minutes sweating in SoulCycle class; or b) you wouldn’t dream about hitting up happy hour with your friends for that same reason. Top those feelings with the added pressure stemming from paparazzi photographs that flaunt how amazing celebs look when exiting the gym (we’re talking about you, Taylor Swift). For those who can’t take an hour to primp in the locker room, heed our advice—we’re spilling some of our tried-and-true (and easy!) tips to look your most glamorous post-workout. Your colleagues and friends will be none the wiser.
- A perfect pout: Your cheeks will already have a flushed, rosy glow thanks to your invigorating workout, but do spread a pop of color on your lips for an instant pick-me-up. (While you’re at it, a quick swipe of mascara is a fine idea as well.)
- Invest in baby wipes: We recommend showering after you work out, but if you really don’t have the time, baby wipes are an excellent way to freshen up.
- Embrace your inner ballerina: Wear your hair in a high, twisted bun, ballerina-style, while exercising (make sure your hair tie is one like Scunci Everyday & Active Flat Hair Ties, which won’t leave dents). After class is over, let your tresses loose for a wave-y look. If you find that doesn’t work with your hair, try this simple trick post-exercise: Spray your roots with dry shampoo for serious lift.
- Control the creases: Toss wrinkle-releasing spray into your gym bag for a quick fix—no wardrobe malfunctions here!
- Tone up: A mist of hydrating spray like Caudalie Beauty Elixir (100 ml; $49) or Aromatherapy Associates Rose Hydrating Mist (50 ml; $33) is a swift refresher—the scent will reinvigorate your spirits, while the toner immediately tightens your skin. Both sprays are fine to apply before or after makeup, but we say they’re the perfect antidote to stop you from layering on too much foundation or concealer (which have a tendency to look cakey following exercise).
- If the shoe fits: We know the last thing you probably want to do after time on the treadmill is slip on a pair of heels, but they’re a quick and easy way to look glamorous (and give the illusion of appearing slimmer).